Will the President maintain this position – if it is found HE leaked classified information?
Whistle-blower who leaked information set free yesterday from prison… against Donald Trump’s wishes!
Donald Trump vehemently opposed the release yesterday of Pvt. Manning, the 29 year old former US army intelligence analyst & whistle-blower incarcerated seven years ago, serving a 35 year prison term under the largest court martial sentence imposed for passing on ‘classified information’.
The crime was leaking documents to WikiLeaks with the intent to expose wrongdoing (which they did), of the US military’s actions against unarmed civilians & children in Iraq and Afghanistan.
What the President fails to acknowledge is that it takes great courage to provide evidence of immoral crimes & cover-ups of one’s own comrades.
In the Corporate world of little moral high-ground, where the rules are bought by dollars with a wink and a nod, it is understandable his blindness in this regard.
This is not political – just factual:
* Bradley Manning: Jailed for Exposing War Crimes, not Committing Them
* The Kill Team: How U.S. Soldiers in Afghanistan Murdered Innocent Civilians Plus: An exclusive look at the war crime images the Pentagon tried to censor
* Massacre Caught on Tape: US Military Confirms Authenticity of Their Own Chilling Video Showing Killing of Journalists
* Collateral Murder
In this particular case, some of the people killed were journalists that were simply doing their jobs: putting their lives at risk in order to report on war. Iraq is a very dangerous place for journalists: from 2003- 2009, 139 journalists were killed while doing their work.
* Is Bradley Manning a hero?
* Iraq War documents leak
Trump set the standard who he considers a TRAITOR… SO, “What’s Good for the Private – is Good for the President”
“DEAL WITH IT”
* Donald Trump’s tweet on January 26th, 2017 addressing Chelsea Manning’s impending release from prison on May 17th….. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/26/donald-trump-chelsea-manning-traitor-fox-news
* Manning, 29, the former US army intelligence analyst & whistle-blower who was arrested seven years ago for passing on ‘classified information’ to WikiLeaks, exposing the wrong-doing of US military’s actions against unarmed civilians & children in Iraq and Afghanistan set free yesterday….. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/chelsea-manning-commuted-why-in-prison-brack-obama-clemency-a7532466.html
* Pvt. Chelsea Manning released from prison Wednesday after serving seven years of a 35-year sentence for leaking information…..